Swahili Appreciation Forum
Sun, Oct. 8th, 2006, 10:45 pm
haya, hapo chini kuna vitendawili. Vinanifurahisha sana na matumaini yangu ni kwamba mtavipenda pia! Kitu kingine cha kuwaambia, mimi mwenyewe sijua majibu! Pengine mtaweza kuvitafsiri na pia kutuambia mnafikiri majibu ni yupi.....
so here's a few riddles for you, just because they're fun and just because its Sunday evening. By the way, i don't know the answers! Perhaps people could post with their various translations of them and possible answers.....
1. Nyumba yangu haina mlango
2. Nina watoto wangu ambao daima wanafukuzana lakini hawakamatani
3. Ninapompiga mwanangu hucheza
4. Nina saa ambayo haijapata kusimama tangu kutiwa ufunguo
5. Nzi hatui juu ya damu ya simba
6. Mzazi ana miguu bali mzaliwa hanayo
7. Nimewafugia wanangu milango wakati wanapopigana
8. Mti umeangukia huko mbali, bali matawi yake yamefika hadi hapa.
9. Po pote ninapoenda ananifuata
10. Daima yupo njiani anakwenda, bali bado hajafika mwisho wa safari yake.
Sun, Oct. 8th, 2006 10:12 pm (UTC)
Sina msiamati kutosha, lakini, 1= yai? na 9 = pua?
Tue, Jan. 8th, 2008 03:23 pm (UTC)
no. moja umepata. no.9 umekosa, jaribu tena.
Tue, Oct. 10th, 2006 09:12 pm (UTC)
1 ni my house has no door yaani yai, egg. Lakini nafikiri 9 ni where ever i go s/he follows me na ninafikiri hii ni kivuli yaani shadow unasemaje? what do you think?
Wed, Oct. 25th, 2006 08:33 pm (UTC)
2. Something " Is over the blood of a lion" not familiar with use of Nzi. My Swahili is intermediate!
It would help to know what context Juu is being used in, I guess as it can mean "up", "over" or many other things.
Fri, Nov. 24th, 2006 10:10 pm (UTC)
If you can.
Help me please.
I'm seeking good e-book for learning Kiswahili, but cant find nothing.
Recommend me please anything for your choice.
Thu, Jul. 17th, 2008 06:16 am (UTC)
If you feel this is a good fit for you please feel free to call me. At that point we can decide whether or not we will be able to work together.
Tue, Oct. 9th, 2007 03:33 am (UTC)
These are just wild guesses, maybe i'll be lucky!! 1. Yai (Egg) 2.matairi (wheels) 3. Ngoma (drums) 4. moyo (heart) 9. Kivuli (shadow)
Wed, Feb. 13th, 2008 07:47 pm (UTC)
i am just about sure of these answers 1.yai 3.ngoma 4.moyo 5.moto 9.kivuli
Fri, Mar. 13th, 2009 02:11 am (UTC)
(Anonymous): good luck
1.my house doesn't have door.yai(egg)2.i have children that always race eachothet and never turch one another.tairi (tire)3.when i hit my child i dance.ngoma (dram)4.i have clock that's never stop sence it's started to work.moyo (heart)5.a fly doesn't sit on the lion's blood.moto (fire)6.parent have feet but babies does not.kuku na yai(chiken and egg)9.everywhere i go its fallow me.kivuli(shadow)1o.always its working but never gets where it going.saa(clock).sorry i don't know #7 and #8. and i'm not sure about #10.